Its about time to get into the fall spirit, so to kick it off why not bake some mini pumpkin muffins! It's one way to treat yourself and you can also show off your awesome baking skills to your friends. Here's a simple and quick recipe to follow.
- 1 cup whole-wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup lowfat granola cereal, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Paper-line or grease mini-muffin pans.
- Combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat sugar and oil in medium mixer bowl until blended.
- Add pumpkin and eggs; beat well.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture and spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle each with about a 1/2 teaspoon of crumbled granola and press granola lightly into batter. (optional)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- Coll in pans for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store muffins in covered containers or resealable plastic bags.
Makes 20 servings, 3 muffins each!